Annual Community Shred Day
March 18, 2023
CVS Parking Lot, 15027 Hwy 6, Rosharon, TX 77583
Event Flyer (PDF)
The Brazoria County MUD No. 21 Board would like to invite you to a shred day event for residents of Lakes of Savannah community.
This event will give the residents the opportunity to shred up 5 boxes of paper during the period between 9:00 A.M. – 11:45 A.M. A shred truck will be parked at the CVS parking lot to receive paper goods. Shredding documents is an excellent way to get rid of important papers and protect you from identity theft. You can watch as your material is shredded on-site and enjoy peace of mind that your information has been destroyed.
What We Cannot Accept and Cannot Shred
- No Metal Binders or Binder Clips (paper clips and staples are acceptable)
- No Wet Paper
- No Hard Drives, CD’s, Video Tapes or Film Reels
- No Boxes
Please do not bring your paper in a plastic bag. This slows the process down as the bag must be ripped open and inspected before disposing of the paper. Please bring it loose inside a box and the box will be returned to you.
Preparing for Winter Weather
The National Weather Service has advised that subfreezing temperatures are likely beginning Thursday night and into Friday morning following the passage of a strong cold front. Freeze Warnings and possible Hard Freeze Warnings can be expected. High temperatures could quite possibly remain below freezing throughout the day on Friday and not warm up above freezing until during the day on Saturday.
If you experience any issues with pipe bursts or very low water pressure, please contact the District’s operator, Municipal District Services, LLC (MDS), at (281) 290-6503.
Steps for Winterizing Your Home
- Insulate pipes with insulation sleeves, wrapping or using slip-on foam pipe insulation. Do not leave any gaps without insulation as cold air can affect the pipe in these spaces.
- Winterize your sprinkler system by turning the water off to your system and draining your backflow preventer.
- Maintain a safe heating source inside your home to protect pipes against cold.
- Open cabinets underneath faucets.
- Disconnect hoses and insulate outdoor faucets with covers or blankets.
- House shut off valve: know where your shut off valve is located in case of an emergency. The valve is usually located on the side of the house near the garage. With some homes, the valve is inside the garage wall.
- If traveling for the holidays, it is recommended that you turn the water off at house shut off valve and drain all your plumbing.
Welcome to the Lakes of Savannah Municipal Utility Districts
Brazoria County Municipal Utility District No. 21 (BCMUD 21) and Brazoria County Municipal Utility District No. 22 (BCMUD 22) collectively make up the approximately 1,250 acre master-planned community of Lakes of Savannah. Lakes of Savannah is primarily located in western Brazoria County, with a small portion in eastern Fort Bend County. Click on the map below to find the homepage for your MUD.
The Lakes of Savannah MUDs are comprised of the following districts:
Below you can see a map of each district outlining their boundaries.